Dance Studies: The Basics Paperback / softback
Part of the The Basics series
A concise introduction to the study of dance ranging from the practical aspects such as technique and choreography to more theoretical considerations such as aesthetic appreciation and the place of dance in different cultures.
This book answers questions such as:Exactly how do we define dance?What kinds of people dance and what kind of training is necessary?
How are dances made? What do we know about dance history? Featuring a glossary, chronology of dance history and list of useful websites, this book is the ideal starting point for anyone interested in the study of dance.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 216 pages, 1 Tables, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 21/11/2011
- Category: Dance & other performing arts
- ISBN: 9780415582551