Radical Reformers and Respectable Rebels : How the Two Lives of Grace Oakeshott Defined an Era Hardback
In 1907, Grace Oakeshott faked her own death by drowning.
Aged 35, she left a marriage and a successful professional life in England and fled with her lover, Walter Reeve, to New Zealand.
What prompted her to do so? Jocelyn Robson traces her life story through social, political and religious reform movements of the fin de siecle period.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 233 pages, XX, 233 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 03/02/2016
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137311832
- Paperback / softback from £18.65