Drogheda : Ireland in Old Photographs Paperback / softback
by Joe Curtis
Drogheda nestles on the east coast of Ireland, on the border of Louth and Meath.
A lively medieval town, it is home to a host of contemporary music and theatre companies, an international Samba festival, and was the birthplace of many famous Irish people, including Pierce Brosnan, Steve Staunton and Shane Horgan.
Drogheda also has a long and colourful history, which includes the Battle of the Boyne, sieges and massacres, earls, rebels and saints.
The severed head of Saint Oliver Plunkett remains on display in St Peter's church.
All of this and more is covered in Joe Curtis' comprehensive illustrated history.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 128 pages, 150 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 18/06/2013
- Category: Places in old photographs
- ISBN: 9781845887988