Women in Old Norse Literature : Bodies, Words, and Power Hardback
Part of the The New Middle Ages series
Old Norse texts offer different ideas about what it is to be female, presenting women in diverse social and economic positions.
This book analyzes female characters in medieval Icelandic saga literature, and demonstrates how they engaged with some of the most contested values of the period, revealing the anxieties of both the authors and audiences.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 192 pages, XIV, 192 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 13/03/2013
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9780230120426
- Paperback / softback from £53.19