This comprehensive guide to the poetry and letters of John Keats offers a highly readable and detailed textual analysis of the themes and techniques of his work. Blades assesses all the major writing - including the narratives and the great odes - and goes on to examine the context of the verse through a survey of the poet's letters and an examination of the key features of nineteenth century Romanticism. This lively and imaginative study concludes with a discussion of some of the most influential critical responses to Keats's work.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 247 pages, XV, 247 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/08/2002
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780333948958
- Hardback from £65.05
- EPUB from £18.89