* How can sprinter Usain Bolt break his world record without running any faster?* Why do high-jumpers use the Fosbury Flop? * What's the best strategy for taking penalties in football? * What statistical advantage do left-handed boxers have over their right-handed opponents? * And did you know that gymnasts can experience stronger g-forces than roller-coaster designers are allowed to create?
John D. Barrow shows how maths can give us surprising and enlivening insights into the world of sports - essential reading for competitors, armchair enthusiasts and maths-lovers alike.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 320 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 20/06/2013
- Category: Sports & outdoor recreation
- ISBN: 9780099584230
- Hardback from £17.19
- EPUB from £4.99
- Paperback from £10.15