Malay Poisons And Charm Cures Paperback / softback
Focuses on the pharmacopoeia and practices of Malay healers, shamans (bomoh) and sorcerers (pawing).
This title not only deals with the traditional pharmacology and toxicology, native theories of disease, medical practice, religious ritual and superstition, but also with the Malay anthropology generally.
First published almost a century ago, Malay Poisons and Charm Cures' remains a classic and still definitive reference on the pharmacopoeia and practices of Malay healers, shamans (bomoh) and sorcerers (pawing).
Gimlette, a British physician, resided in the'
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 304 pages, 1 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Orchid Press Publishing Limited
- Publication Date: 20/01/2012
- Category: Complementary medicine
- ISBN: 9789745241442