What is Masculinity? : Historical Dynamics from Antiquity to the Contemporary World Paperback / softback
Edited by John H. Arnold, Sean Brady
Part of the Genders and Sexualities in History series
Across history, the ideas and practices of male identity have varied much between time and place: masculinity proves to be a slippery concept, not available to all men, sometimes even applied to women.
This book analyses the dynamics of 'masculinity' as both an ideology and lived experience - how men have tried, and failed, to be 'Real Men'.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 461 pages, XIV, 461 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 14/06/2011
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9781137305602