'This is the story of how, on 29 May, 1953, two men, both endowed with outstanding stamina and skill, reached the top of Everest and came back unscathed to rejoin their comrades. 'Yet this will not be the whole story, for the ascent of Everest was not the work of one day, nor even of those few anxious, unforgettable weeks in which we prepared and climbed this summer.
It is, in fact, a tale of sustained and tenacious endeavour by many, over a long period of time...
We of the 1953 Everest Expedition are proud to share the glory with our predecessors.'Sir John Hunt
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 336 pages, 2x8pp b&w
- Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
- Publication Date: 23/05/2013
- Category: Geographical discovery & exploration
- ISBN: 9781444760897
- EPUB from £8.99