Local Negotiations of English Nationhood, 1570-1680 Hardback
Part of the Early Modern Literature in History series
Even in an age of emerging nationhood, English men and women still thought very much in terms of their parishes, towns, and counties.
This book examines the vitality of early modern local consciousness and its deployment by writers to mediate the larger political, religious, and cultural changes of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 238 pages, X, 238 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/04/2011
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780230277717
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £49.85