Great Western Revival : Western Locomotives in the Preservation Era Paperback / softback
Thanks to a quirk of fate, and the survival of so many locomotives in the Barry scrapyard, the GWR is well represented in the steam preservation scene today. John Maybery takes us through the surviving Great Western locomotives, from the Kings and Castle passenger locos through Halls and Manors and onto the ubiquitous Prairie and pannier tanks.
He also covers the narrow gauge locomotives of the Vale of Rheidol Railway, which was Britain's last nationalised steam passenger railway until privatisation in 1989. The diesel railcars and the replica broad gauge locomotives are also covered in this fully illustrated and informative book.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 128 pages, 100 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Amberley Publishing
- Publication Date: 10/12/2015
- Category: Trains & railways: general interest
- ISBN: 9781445639871