The Story of My Boyhood and Youth Paperback / softback
by John Muir
In this moving memoir of an unusual childhood, John Muir recalls his younger days in East Lothian with a startling clarity, depicting a wild boy whose quiet individuality and determination were already emerging.
Born in mid nineteenth-century Scotland, Muir was eleven when his fanatically religious father took the family to build a new life in America's vast wilderness.
Muir charts their pioneering years in Wisconsin, where his battles for survival powerfully anticipate the extraordinary career which was to follow.
They reveal a free spirit who perceived bonds between man and nature that were subtle and far reaching for both.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 168 pages, 8 Plates, black and white
- Publisher: Birlinn General
- Publication Date: 09/08/2018
- Category: Autobiography: historical, political & military
- ISBN: 9781912476343
- Paperback / softback from £6.65
- EPUB from £2.39
- Hardback from £16.24
- Paperback from £7.71