Herbert Spencer remains a significant but poorly understood figure in 19th century intellectual life.
His ideas on evolution ranged across the natural sciences and philosophy, and he pioneered new ideas in psychology and sociology.
This book comprehensively examines his work and strips away common misconceptions about his sociology.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 375 pages, VII, 375 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/10/2010
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9780230203792
- Paperback / softback from £53.19