Neuroarthistory : From Aristotle and Pliny to Baxandall and Zeki Paperback / softback
by John Onians
Exploring the writings of major thinkers (among them Montesquieu, Burke, Kant, Marx, and Freud), and leading art historians (including Pliny, Winckelmann, Ruskin, Pater, Gombrich, and Baxandall), as well as artists such as Alberti and Leonardo and scientists from Aristotle to Zeki, John Onians shows how an understanding of the neural basis of the mind contributes to an understanding of all human behaviors-including art.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 240 pages, 50 b-w illus.
- Publisher: Yale University Press
- Publication Date: 01/09/2017
- Category: History of art / art & design styles
- ISBN: 9780300229547