A History of American Higher Education Paperback / softback
Colleges and universities are among the most cherished-and controversial-institutions in the United States.
In this updated edition of A History of American Higher Education, John R.
Thelin offers welcome perspective on the triumphs and crises of this highly influential sector in American life. Thelin's work has distinguished itself as the most wide-ranging and engaging account of the origins and evolution of America's institutions of higher learning.
This edition brings the discussion of perennial hot-button issues such as big-time sports programs up to date and addresses such current areas of contention as the changing role of governing boards and the financial challenges posed by the economic downturn.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 504 pages, 16 Halftones, black and white; 4 Line drawings, black and white
- Publisher: Johns Hopkins University Press
- Publication Date: 07/10/2011
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9781421402673
- Hardback from £27.75
- Paperback / softback from £14.59