Reverse Mathematics : Proofs from the Inside Out Paperback / softback
The first book surveying the history and ideas behind reverse mathematicsReverse mathematics is a new field that seeks to find the axioms needed to prove given theorems.
In Reverse Mathematics, John Stillwell offers a historical and representative view, emphasizing basic analysis and giving a novel approach to logic.
By using a minimum of mathematical logic in a well-motivated way, Reverse Mathematics will engage advanced undergraduates and all mathematicians interested in the foundations of mathematics.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 200 pages, 35 b/w illus.
- Publisher: Princeton University Press
- Publication Date: 24/09/2019
- Category: Philosophy of mathematics
- ISBN: 9780691196411
- PDF from £13.49