Calais : 30 Brigades's Defiant Defence, May 1940 Paperback / softback
by Jon Cooksey
Part of the Battleground Europe series
This is the story of the Battle of Calais, a short but bloody struggle to delay the German advance in May 1940.
It is a story of uncertainty, of taut nerves, of heat, dust, raging thirst and hand-to-hand fighting in the narrow streets of the channel port now known to millions of Britons as a gateway to the Continent.
The guide will take the visitor beyond the ferry terminal and hypermarkets to reveal the hidden Calais and the actions of individuals and units.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 160 pages, illustrations, photographs
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 16/03/1999
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780850526479