Guadalcanal : The American Campaign Against Japan in WWII Paperback / softback
by Jon Diamond
Part of the Stackpole Military Photo Series series
On August 7, 1942, U.S. Marines landed on the island of Guadalcanal, northeast of Australia, launching the first major Allied offensive against Japan.
In one of the best-known campaigns of World War II's Pacific Theater, the Marines and then the U.S.
Army endured a bitter six-month struggle for the island.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages, 376 b/w photos; 8-pg. colour insert; 4 maps
- Publisher: Stackpole Books
- Publication Date: 01/02/2016
- Category: Australasian & Pacific history
- ISBN: 9780811716260