Sustainable Stockholm : Exploring Urban Sustainability in Europe's Greenest City Paperback / softback
Edited by Jonathan Metzger, Amy Rader Olsson
Sustainable Stockholm provides a historical overview of Stockholm's environmental development, and also discusses a number of cross-disciplinary themes presenting the urban sustainability work behind Stockholm's unique position, and importantly the question of how well Stockholm's practices can be exported and transposed to other places and contexts.
By using the case of Stockholm as the pivot of discussions, Sustainable Stockholm investigates the core issues of sustainable urban environmental development and planning, in all their entanglements.
The book shows how intersecting fields such as urban planning and architecture, traffic planning, land-use regulation, building, waste management, regional development, water management, infrastructure engineering-together and in combination-have contributed to making Stockholm Europe's "greenest" city.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 248 pages, 20 Line drawings, black and white; 20 Halftones, black and white; 4 Tables, black and whi
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 31/07/2013
- Category: City & town planning - architectural aspects
- ISBN: 9780415622134