Alliteration occurs in a wide variety of contexts in stress-initial languages, including Icelandic, Finnish and Mongolian.
It can be found in English from Beowulf to The Sun .
Nevertheless, alliteration remains an unexamined phenomenon.
This pioneering volume takes alliteration as its central focus across a variety of languages and domains.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 253 pages, XIII, 253 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 21/06/2011
- Category: Historical & comparative linguistics
- ISBN: 9780230232648
- PDF from £84.58
- Paperback / softback from £52.99