The IRA Bombing Campaign Against Britain, 1939-1940 Paperback / softback
This detailed account of the Irish Republican Army's bombing campaign against Britain during 1939-1940 describes how initial attacks on economic targets turned into a series of terror bombings causing the deaths of seven innocent people.
Though two IRA members were hanged, the real men responsible, named here, escaped.
The author covers the political situation in Ireland prior to the attacks, the recruiting and training of the bombers, the bombing campaign and the trial of two men for the murder of five people in Coventry.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 216 pages, 10 photographs & illustrations
- Publisher: McFarland & Co Inc
- Publication Date: 29/02/2016
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781476662589