The Music of Verse : Metrical Experiment in Nineteenth-century Poetry Hardback
Through its recovery of the metrical principles underlying the work of some of the century's major poets, this study highlights the intricacy of the relation between the 'music' of verse and its meaning, and helping us to understand the way in which the ferment of metrical experiment eventually led to the emergence of free verse.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 225 pages, IX, 225 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/01/2012
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230247468
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £49.85