Writing the History of Mathematics: Its Historical Development Paperback / softback
Edited by Joseph Warren Dauben, Christoph J. Scriba
Part of the Science Networks. Historical Studies series
As an historiographic monograph, this book offers a detailed survey of the professional evolution and significance of an entire discipline devoted to the history of science.
It provides both an intellectual and a social history of the development of the subject from the first such effort written by the ancient Greek author Eudemus in the Fourth Century BC, to the founding of the international journal, Historia Mathematica, by Kenneth O.
May in the early 1970s.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 689 pages, 13 Illustrations, black and white; XIX, 689 p. 13 illus.
- Publisher: Birkhauser Verlag AG
- Publication Date: 23/09/2002
- Category: History of mathematics
- ISBN: 9783764361679
- Hardback from £59.35