What Was the Lewis and Clark Expedition? Paperback / softback
When Meriwether Lewis, William Clark, and the "Corps of Discovery" left St.
Louis, Missouri, on May 21, 1804, their mission was to explore the vast, unknown territory acquired a year earlier in the Louisiana Purchase.
The travellers hoped to find a waterway that crossed the western half of the United States.
They didn't. But their two-year journey finally brought them to the Pacific Ocean.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 112 pages, includes a 16-page black & white insert
- Publisher: Grosset and Dunlap
- Publication Date: 27/10/2014
- Category: History & the past: general interest (Children's/YA)
- ISBN: 9780448479019