Common Prostitutes and Ordinary Citizens : Commercial Sex in London, 1885-1960 Hardback
by Julia Laite
Part of the Genders and Sexualities in History series
Between 1885 and 1960, laws and policies designed to repress prostitution dramatically shaped London's commercial sex industry.
This book examines how laws translated into street-level reality, explores how women who sold sex experienced criminalization, and charts the complex dimensions of the underground sexual economy in the modern metropolis.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 299 pages, XIII, 299 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 02/12/2011
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230230545
- Paperback / softback from £61.69