Pluralism and the Idea of the Republic in France Hardback
Edited by H. Jones
The idea of the centralized State has played a powerful role in shaping French republicanism.
But for two hundred years, many have tried to find other ways of being French and Republican.
These essays challenge the traditional account, bringing together new insights from leading scholars.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 270 pages, X, 270 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/06/2012
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780230272095
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £52.19