Multilingualism in Modernist Fiction Hardback
This new study argues that modernist literature is characterised by a 'multilingual turn'.
Examining the use of different languages in the fiction of a range of writers, including Lawrence, Richardson, Mansfield, Rhys, Joyce and Beckett, Taylor-Batty demonstrates the centrality of linguistic plurality to modernist forms of defamiliarisation.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 235 pages, VIII, 235 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 26/07/2013
- Category: Bilingualism & multilingualism
- ISBN: 9780230224612
- Paperback / softback from £48.95