Thanking and Politeness in Japanese : Balancing Acts in Interaction Hardback
by Jun Ohashi
This book synthesizes previous work on thanking, politeness and Japanese pragmatics and crystallises the theoretical underpinnings of thanking, how it is realized linguistically and the social meaning and significance of this aspect of Japanese communication.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 227 pages, XIV, 227 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/11/2013
- Category: Sociolinguistics
- ISBN: 9781137009869
- Paperback / softback from £61.69