The Afro-Modernist Epic and Literary History : Tolson, Hughes, Baraka Hardback
by K. Schultz
Part of the Modern and Contemporary Poetry and Poetics series
Analyzing the poets Melvin B. Tolson, Langston Hughes, and Amiri Baraka, this study charts the Afro-Modernist epic.
Within the context of Classical epic traditions, early 20th-century American modernist long poems, and the griot traditions of West Africa, Schultz reveals diasporic consciousness in the representation of African American identities.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 236 pages, XVIII, 236 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/11/2013
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230338739
- PDF from £16.15
- Paperback / softback from £18.89