The Consumption of Inequality : Weapons of Mass Distraction Hardback
The fads, fashions, and media in popular consumer culture frequently make recreational and ideological "fun" of poverty and lower class living.
In this book, Halnon delineates how incarceration, segregation, stigmatization, cultural and social consecration, and carnivalization work in the production and consumption of inequality.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 229 pages, X, 229 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/09/2013
- Category: Cultural studies
- ISBN: 9781137352484
- Paperback / softback from £43.65