Cured Meat, Smoked Fish & Pickled Eggs Paperback / softback
Jerky is a popular and delicious way to add protein to your diet - but all the artisanal varieties showcasing locally raised meats and specialty flavours mean purchasing it can get expensive.
Food preservation teacher and cook Karen Solomon teaches you how to smoke, pickle, salt-cure, oil-cure, and dehydrate a variety of meats, dairy, fish, eggs, and other proteins economically and at home.
Fifty creative recipes highlight the range of specialty foods that you can make yourself with these techniques, including smoked salmon, pickled beans, cured sardines, brined cheese, duck breast prosciutto, and, of course, beef jerky (eight varieties!).
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, Full Colour Photographs Throughout
- Publisher: Storey Publishing LLC
- Publication Date: 31/08/2018
- Category: Cookery for specific diets & conditions
- ISBN: 9781612129037