A Theological Account of Nat Turner : Christianity, Violence, and Theology Hardback
by Karl Lampley
Part of the Black Religion/Womanist Thought/Social Justice series
In this unique volume, Lampley analyzes the theology of Nat Turner's violent slave rebellion in juxtaposition with Old Testament views of prophetic violence and Jesus' politics of violence in the New Testament and in consideration of the history of Christian violence and the violence embedded in traditional Christian theology.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 196 pages, XII, 196 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 21/08/2013
- Category: Slavery & abolition of slavery
- ISBN: 9781137325174
- Paperback / softback from £53.25