The Ecology of British Romantic Conservatism, 1790-1837 Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and Cultures of Print series
Analyzing Romantic conservative critiques of modernity found in literature, philosophy, natural history, and agricultural periodicals, this book finds a common theme in the 'intergenerational imagination.' This impels an environmental ethic in which obligations to past and future generations shape decisions about inherited culture and land.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 219 pages, IX, 219 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 11/10/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781137354198
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £45.85