The Multi-Talented Mr. Erskine : Shaping Mass Culture Through Great Books and Fine Music Hardback
This first biography of John Erskine views him in the larger contexts of the mass culture and expanded commercialism that helped propel his fame.
It also relates a life narrative that demonstrates perils of academic celebrity along a conceptual path from public intellectual to pop icon.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 255 pages, 6 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 255 p. 6 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/04/2012
- Category: Biography: arts & entertainment
- ISBN: 9780230117754
- Paperback / softback from £56.65