Gangster States : Organized Crime, Kleptocracy and Political Collapse Hardback
Part of the International Political Economy Series series
The author draws on behavioral ecology to predict the evolution of organized crime in unregulated systems of exchange and the further development of racketeer economies into unstable kleptocratic states.
The result is a new model that explains the expansion and contraction of political-economic complexity in prehistoric and contemporary societies.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 176 pages, XIV, 176 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/02/2015
- Category: Organized crime
- ISBN: 9781137490285
- Paperback / softback from £43.65