Research Methods in Physical Education and Youth Sport Paperback / softback
This is the first research methods book to focus entirely on physical education and youth sport.
It guides the reader through the whole research process; from the first steps to completion of a dissertation or practice-based project, and introduces key topics such as:formulating a research questionqualitative approachesquantitative approachesmixed method researchliterature reviewcase studiessurvey, interviews and focus groupsdata analysiswriting the dissertation. Each chapter includes a full range of useful pedagogical features, including chapter summaries, practical activities, case studies, dialogues with active researchers and guidance on further reading and resources.
With contributions from some of the world's best-known researchers in the field, this book is indispensible reading for all students and professionals working in physical education, youth sport, sports coaching and related subjects.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 366 pages, 11 Line drawings, black and white; 13 Halftones, black and white; 14 Tables, black and wh
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 30/11/2011
- Category: Higher & further education, tertiary education
- ISBN: 9780415618854