Constructing Gendered Bodies Paperback / softback
Edited by Kathryn Backett-Milburn, Linda McKie
Part of the Explorations in Sociology. series
Interest in sociological study of the body, theoretically and empirically, has increased dramatically in the 1990s.
This book builds on this work by bringing together exciting and stimulating research which examines the social and cultural processes involved in the construction of gendered bodies and sexual practices.
Contributors explore these issues in a variety of settings ranging from the workplace and leisure industry to social arenas of moral and medical regulation.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 253 pages, 4 Illustrations, black and white; XIX, 253 p. 4 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/03/2001
- Category: Gender studies, gender groups
- ISBN: 9780333774625