Chinese Railways : Reform and Efficiency Improvement Opportunities Hardback
by Katrin Luger
Part of the Contributions to Economics series
Although huge, Chinese Railways are a bottleneck for economic growth in China.
The state-owned enterprise returns a small profit but is severely capacity constrained and burdened with inefficiency.
Based on interviews with Chinese experts, benchmarking with railways in the US, Germany, Russia, and Japan as well as broad coverage of Chinese-language sources, the book makes detailed recommendations on how to design a comprehensive turnaround program for Chinese Railways.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 327 pages, 2 Tables, black and white; IX, 327 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 01/04/2008
- Category: Development economics
- ISBN: 9783790820010
- PDF from £118.58
- Paperback / softback from £120.75