Singing and Wellbeing : Ancient Wisdom, Modern Proof Paperback / softback
Singing and Wellbeing provides evidence that the benefits of a melodious voice go far beyond pleasure, and confirms the importance of singing in optimum health.
A largely untapped resource in the health care professions, the singing voice offers rewards that are closer than ever to being fully quantified by advances in neuroscience and psychology.
For music, pre-med, bioethics, and medical humanities students, this book introduces the types of ongoing research that connect behaviour and brain function with the musical voice.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 202 pages, 21 Line drawings, black and white; 5 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 03/08/2015
- Category: Creative therapy (eg art, music, drama)
- ISBN: 9781138825321