Since 1952 former London buses have found new homes across the whole of the UK as well as in over seventy countries across the world, and this book takes a wide look at those that gained new lives outside the capital. Paying diligence to their use in the Second World War, London's Exiled Buses explores the turbulent and sometimes surprising lives of these icons of British public transport.
Follow their story and step into the past to discover how developments in both technology and society have determined the fate of the many models of the London bus.
With examples both from the mid-twentieth century and the present day, this lavishly illustrated volume brings the story of London's exiled buses right up to date.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, 180 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Amberley Publishing
- Publication Date: 15/10/2019
- Category: Buses, trams & commercial vehicles: general interest
- ISBN: 9781445678870