The Logistics and Politics of the British Campaigns in the Middle East, 1914-22 Hardback
Part of the Studies in Military and Strategic History series
An examination of how the logistical demands of the British military campaigns in Palestine and Mesopotamia led to a more intrusive and authoritarian form of imperial control in 1917-18.
This early example of Western military intervention in the Middle East provoked a localized backlash in 1919-20 whose effects continue to be felt today.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 262 pages, X, 262 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 14/10/2010
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230233003
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £59.35