Henry James' Narrative Technique : Consciousness, Perception, and Cognition Hardback
Henry James Narrative Technique situates Henry James famous method within an emerging modernist tradition with roots in philosophical debates between rationalism and empiricism.
This cogent study considers James works in the context of nineteenth-century thought on consciousness, perception, and cognition.
Kristin Boudreau makes the compelling argument that these philosophical discussions influenced James depictions of consciousness and are integral to his narrative technique.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 204 pages, XV, 204 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 21/06/2010
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230102620
- Paperback / softback from £47.15