The Enduring Color Line in U.S. Athletics Paperback / softback
Part of the Framing 21st Century Social Issues series
Sports are an integral part of American society. Millions of dollars are spent every year on professional, collegiate, and youth athletics, and participation in and viewing of these sports both alter and reflect how one perceives the world.
Beamon and Messer deftly explore sports as a social construction, and more significantly, the large role race and ethnicity play in sports and consequently sports' influence on modern race relations.
This text is ideal for courses on Sport and Society as well as Race and Ethnicity.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 68 pages, 3 Tables, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 14/11/2013
- Category: Ethnic minorities & multicultural studies
- ISBN: 9780415626712