Style in British Television Drama Hardback
by L. Cooke
Part of the Palgrave Close Readings in Film and Television series
This pioneering book provides detailed analysis of scenes from nine British television dramas produced between 1954 and 2001.
Taking dinner table scenes as a recurring motif, the study analyses changes in televisual style with reference to production practices, technology, aesthetic preferences, and social and institutional change.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 160 pages, XII, 160 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/10/2013
- Category: Television soap operas
- ISBN: 9781137265913
- Paperback / softback from £44.25