Using the four tissue types (connective, epithelial, nervous, and muscular), Dudenhoeffer expands and complicates the subgenre of "body horror." Changing the emphasis from the contents of the film to the "organicity" of its visual and affective registers, he addresses the application of psychoanalysis, phenomenology, object-ontology, and cyborgism.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 293 pages, 16 Illustrations, black and white; IX, 293 p. 16 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 04/12/2014
- Category: Film: styles & genres
- ISBN: 9781137404954
- Paperback / softback from £61.69