Teaching While White : Addressing the Intersections of Race and Immigration in the Classroom Hardback
by Laura A. Roy
This book endeavors to cultivate activism literacies in White teachers in order to disrupt the system of white supremacy and racial oppression in education.
This book focuses primarily on White teachers' responsibility in becoming advocates for, and accomplices to communities of color.
Through the lens of Critical Race Teacher Activism (CRTA), this book seeks to support teachers in critiquing and transforming pedagogy and curriculum in predominantly white spaces in order to interrupt the single story and amplify voices that are marginalized, silenced, or omitted from curriculum.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 200 pages, 1 Tables, unspecified; 2 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield
- Publication Date: 16/10/2018
- Category: Multicultural education
- ISBN: 9781475840377
- Paperback / softback from £21.75
- EPUB from £64.80