Lucretian Thought in Late Stuart England: Debates about the Nature of the Soul Hardback
by Laura Linker
How did writers understand the soul in late seventeenth-century England?
This book considers depictions of the soul in literary texts that engage with Lucretius's Epicurean philosophy in De rerum natura or through the writings of the most important natural philosopher to disseminate Epicurean atomism in England, Walter Charleton (1619-1707).
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 86 pages, 2 Illustrations, black and white; VIII, 86 p. 2 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/11/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781137398574
- Paperback / softback from £41.45