Postal Plots in British Fiction, 1840-1898 : Readdressing Correspondence in Victorian Culture Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Nineteenth-Century Writing and Culture series
By 1840, the epistolary novel was dead. Letters in Victorian fiction, however, were unmistakably alive.
Postal Plots explores how Victorian postal reforms unleashed a new and sometimes unruly population into the Victorian literary marketplace where they threatened the definition and development of the Victorian literary professional.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 208 pages, IX, 208 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 12/07/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137323798
- Paperback / softback from £45.85