Maggie Roberts is starting over again after her reckless driving led to a 10-year prison sentence and the devastating loss of her son.
Having learned to repurpose retired thoroughbred racehorses through an inmate training program, Maggie finds a way to rebuild her life.
But it's not until she meets single father Gil Winters and his wheelchair-bound son, Edward, that she finds her calling.
In helping Edward with his therapy using horses, Maggie begins to come to life again.
But when a shadow from the past returns, she is forced to choose between her newfound freedom and getting Edward the life-saving help he needs.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 304 pages
- Publisher: Time Warner Trade Publishing
- Publication Date: 21/08/2007
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780446582087
- EPUB from £6.49
- eAudiobook MP3 from £14.24