Adapted from the Original : Essays on the Value and Values of Works Remade for a New Medium Paperback / softback
Edited by Laurence Raw
Critics and audiences often judge films, books and other media as "great" -but what does that really mean?This collection of new essays examines the various criteria by which degrees of greatness (or not-so) are constructed-whether by personal, political or social standards-through topics in cinema, literature and adaptation.
The contributors recognize how issues of value vary across different cultures, and explore what those differences say about cultural attitudes and beliefs.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 227 pages, Photographs
- Publisher: McFarland & Co Inc
- Publication Date: 30/08/2018
- Category: Dance & other performing arts
- ISBN: 9780786478729